Tea tree oil is a multipurpose and immensely useful oil that is used in aromatherapy for relaxation and rejuvenation of body and mind in many ways. This essential oil is the extract of tea leaves (Melaleuca alternifolia) and carries a fresh camphoraceous odor. The color generally varies from faded yellow to transparent as water.
Nearly a hundred years ago, the commercialization of tea tree oil happened, and till now, it has been used as an essential ingredient of many life-saving medicines. This extensive article will help you to know the usage, benefits, type, side effects, and other information about tea tree oil. So, without delay, let’s get started.
Types of Tea Tree Oil:
There are many types of tea tree oil, and the quality varies indeed. Make sure you purchase the natural or organic tea tree oil that has zero added fragrance. There should be 10-40% terpinene, which works as an antiseptic of tea tree oil.
Usage and benefits of tea tree oil:
The versatile tea tree oil can be used in many ways. Here is a list of the multipurpose usage of tea tree oil. Have a look!
Tea tree oil can keep away small insects and make the atmosphere fresh. It repels mosquitoes more than any other mosquito killers that are available in the market.
Controls body odor
Tea tree oil is an excellent skin refresher, also, by mixing it in the water while bathing can control body odor and kill the bacteria.
Tea tree oil works as a natural antiseptic for minor cuts and scratches. You can mix a few drops of tea tree oil in coconut oil and apply it in the wounded area to get that healed.
Tea tree oil is a great weapon to fight with acne. If you have acne-prone skin, then you can mix a few drops of tea tree oil with water and apply that mixture in the affected area daily. It works like magic.
Natural mouth wash
As it is proved that tea tree oil is good for killing bacteria, it is natural that it would work for bad breath too. So, if you have the problem of mouth odor, then mix a few drops of tea tree oil with warm water and swish occasionally. Keep in mind that you should not swallow the mixture.
Soothes skin irritation
Tea tree oil works for skin irritation and inflammation too. If you have an allergy, red spots due to itching, inflamed skin, then mix some tea tree oil with water and take a bath with that. It will give instant relief. Alternatively, you can mix tea tree oil with olive oil and coconut oil and apply it in the infected area to get assistance. You can keep that mixture in a container for further use.
It is evident that tea tree oil reduces lice and makes the scalp healthy. You can mix tea tree oil with lavender oil and apply it on the scalp. It kills lice eggs and repels living lice.
Including tea tree oil in your hair care routine can control the problem of dandruff and make your hair healthy. It is proved that a tea tree oil-based shampoo keeps the problem of dandruff away more than any other ordinary shampoo.
Tree Tea Oil for Skin:
Tea tree oil is an amazing natural remedy for many skin problems. Here is a list of what tea tree oil does to skin problems.
- Tea tree oil is an excellent acne remover. Just mix a few drops of tea tree oil with some amount of witch hazel and apply that mixture as a toner.
- Tea tree oil repels the dryness of the skin. Mix tea tree oil with moisturizer and apply that daily.
- Tea tree oil can reduce the extra fat from your skin. It is the primary reason for acne. Tea tree oil helps to remove excess oil within 30 days. Just mix a few drops of it in your toner, moisturizer, or night cream to make it work.
- It’s already proved that tea tree oil is capable of reducing itchiness, skin irritation, and inflammation. So, including it in your daily skincare routine can be right for you.
Tea Tree Oil for Hair
Tea Tree Oil magically works when it comes to hair health.
- The bad scalp is the root of many hair problems. Nowadays, due to pollution, our scalp gets dirty, and it remains unclean throughout the day. So, using a tea tree oil-based shampoo can be the solution. Use it thrice in a week.
- The bad scalp also gives shelter to lice. Lice make our hair thin and scalp unhealthy. Tea tree oil is an excellent remedy for this. Just mix a few drops of it with your daily hair oil, and apply it daily.
- Tea tree oil also helps to get rid of dandruff. Mix 10-12 drops of tea tree oil with your shampoo and apply it. It will work as a cleanser and hair moisturizer.
Side Effects of using tea tree oil
Tea tree oil generally does not create any problem for the users, but applying excessive oil can cause some unwanted skin problems. Here is a list of some side effects of tea tree oil.
- If you use tea tree oil more than 5% daily, it can create problems like- acne, inflammation, red spots, etc.
- The products where tea tree oil is used with lavender oil can be unsafe for little boys, as it disrupts the hormonal balance and creates issues relating to puberty.
- You should not consume tea tree oil or any essential oil directly (without water). It can create serious health problems unsteadiness, inflammation, difficulty in utterance, etc.
Does tea tree oil help acne?
Yes, tea tree oil is one of the best ways to counterattack acne. It has amazing properties that support skin health such as antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. On the application of tea tree oil on the skin, the clogged pores get sterilized. It treats pimples effectively and faster by minimizing inflammation and swelling.
This natural treatment fights against acne-causing bacteria and keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized. Thus, you can consider tea tree oil as an all-in-one remedy for skin problems.
Does tea tree oil kill lice?
Yes, tea tree oil is an effective lice removal treatment owing to its microbial properties. The head lice don’t like the smell of tea tree oil.
As per a study conducted in the year 2010, the combination of tea tree oil and lavender oil shows great results in removing the head lice. This particular blend tends to suffocate the lice and finally helps you to get rid of them.
We hope this article would help you know the different usage and benefits of tea tree oil. If you have anything to know further, let us know in the comment section. Keep good health. Happy helping!
Recommended Read :