Considering health as one of the vital factors in our everyday life is essential. Significantly, these days, various diseases, syndromes, and situations affect everyone’s health. One such reason for having poor health is being overweight. As experts suggest, excessive body weight is one of the leading factors of attracting different diseases. Having internal or external body fat and belly fat causes several diseases like cholesterol, diabetes, and more. Such diseases are highly harmful to your health as they may cause several issues, including a potential death threat. Being overweight is a problem for people of all ages and not only aged people. People in their teens, early adulthood, and even kids can have excessive body fat, an issue for everyone of every age.
Such an overweight body can be the breeding ground for diseases like cholesterol, diabetes, and other cardiac issues. These diseases can happen to people of any age, and thus, it is essential to reduce excessive body weight. Usually, most body fats are stored in our bellies. So you need to know how to lose belly fat so that you can stay healthy and live a disease-free life.
Various steps on how to lose belly fat
These days being overweight is one of the main issues as children, teens, and adults all indulge in an unhealthy lifestyle. This lifestyle, such as bad food habits, results in the gaining of unnecessary weight. These exercise fats are sedimented in the cheeks, thigh, breast, or chest but mainly in the belly. For that, you should be aware of how to lose belly fat to regain your healthy shape. There are various things you can do to reduce your belly fat to lead a healthy lifestyle successfully.
- Food habit is one of the essential habits that makes an impact on your body weight. Thus, eating certain things and avoiding others is the key to losing weight. It would help if you ate a lot of soluble fiber, which is present in blackberries, avocado, legumes, shirataki noodles, and flax seeds. Soluble fiber absorbs water, forming a gel that helps in slowing down the passing of food through your digestive system. This fiber promotes weight loss which allows you to reduce your fat belly.
- Avoiding drinking too much is also a vital factor in losing weight. When consumed in minor amounts, alcohol is good for your health. But having it at a large amount can have a profound negative effect on your health. Experts suggest that having large quantities of alcohol can increase your belly fat which can cause various health issues.
- To lose belly fat, avoiding certain foods are necessary. But you need to consume some other food as a substitute, and this practice is equally important. To lose belly fat, you need to have lean protein daily. Things such as protein shakes or protein smoothies decrease your appetite by making you feel full. This is extremely good as it satisfies your hunger and also avoids the intake of fat. Some natural protein sources are meat, fish, eggs, beans, dairy products, and more. You need to know that these foods also contain a certain amount of fat, so having these in large quantities is also unhealthy.
- Avoiding sugar or other sweets is essential to reduce your body fat. Sugar contains fructose, and consuming too much can cause several diseases such as diabetes, fatty liver, and obesity. Although people use it as a sweetening agent, one cannot avoid it. So the alternative is to consume it very low or use other substitutes. These substitutes include honey and brown sugar instead of white sugar. These help you add sweetness to your dish while also ensuring your healthy diet.
- Avoiding food containing trans-fat is vital. As soya bean oil, some margarine, and most packed food contains trans-fat, it is better to avoid those. Trans-fat is made of pumping hydrogen into saturated fat. This fat can cause issues like heart disease, insulin resistance, inflammation, and more.
- After controlling and avoiding particular food and having a healthy diet, adding some physical activity to lose weight is better. Exercising is a good habit ensuring the progression of your weight loss. You may look at articles like exercise to lose belly fat in 1 week, but honestly, it will be neither that easy nor that quick. You need to exercise daily and be consistent to get a result.
- Stop having outside or canned food and drinks. Not only do they contain preservatives but also a high amount of fat. Greasy food mainly contains a dense amount of fat that is highly harmful to your health.
- Reducing stress and anxiety level is another vital factor in losing weight. Not only physical habits or foods can cause exercise fats but also your mental state. Having too much stress can trigger the adrenal glands, thus producing cortisol. These days it is not easy to reduce stress, especially in a hectic and busy schedule. But you can do some things like practicing your hobby, doing exercise and yoga to decrease your stress level.
- Having a proper sound sleep is necessary for your weight loss. Experts say that not having enough sleep is one of the reasons for having extra body fat. Sleep helps you metabolize your food and gives you the energy to perform work throughout the day. Thus having a proper 8 hours of sleep is vital.
What are the different causes of excess body fat
People often ask questions like how to lose belly fat or get back your body into good shape. Of course, there are different methods to how you can reduce weight and achieve what you want. But primarily, you should figure out what is causing you to gain excess weight. The primary factor is a poor lifestyle involving unhealthy habits. These habits can include a lousy diet, addictions, lack of physical activity, and more.
- A poor diet is perhaps the leading cause of people having excessive body weight. People eat trans-fat and saturated fat food, which later get stored in their bodies, especially the belly. Having a diet full of fat and carbs which lack protein is highly unhealthy. Having outside or canned food containing preservatives and sugar increases the amount of your body fat.
- Addiction like having too much alcohol is also a reason for obesity, fatty liver, and other cardiac diseases. The consumption of little alcohol is good for health, while having it in massive amounts is harmful. Smoking can also affect body weight, but experts are not sure exactly how it is possible. But still, it is regarded as a risk factor.
- Poor sleeping habits are also a reason of overweight. Not having enough sleep or disturbing the sleeping order can lead to uncertain body weight and other health issues.
- Excessive stress is also a reason of overweight. It is vital to notice how much mental health plays a role in shaping physical health. Being over-stressed can release cortisol, which may affect the metabolism rate.
- Genetic also plays a vital role in overweight and obesity. In this scenario, it is most likely tough to reduce your body weight. This is due to the different metabolism rates of your body because of your genes. However, you can still control it to some extent by practicing the discussed healthy habits.
What is the effect of having excessive bodyweight
Fat tends to stay the most in different places in your body, including the belly, thigh, breast, chest, and cheeks. Having unnecessary fat in your body is highly harmful and can lead to various diseases. These diseases include asthma and breathing problems, as being overweight can make you tired even if you indulge in less physical activity. It also increases the chances of high blood pressure, cholesterol, and various other cardiac diseases.
Other than that, having obesity can further cause gallstone, fatty liver, and even sleep apnea. There is also a chance of having arthritis and other joint or muscle-related issues, as your bones and joints experience more pressure to support your excessive weight.
Exercises that one can do regularly to reduce excessive body weight
The question of how to lose fat is asked by many, as these days, most suffer from being overweight. There are many ways to how you can lose or control your body fat. The most vital part is a healthy diet which consists of a low and reasonable amount of fat. Other than having a perfect diet, you should also perform exercises to lose fat. Many exercises help you lose fat effectively.
- Sit-ups – One of the most common exercises. It is the answer to how to lose fat belly naturally.
- Sprawls – This is also an effective way to reduce or control belly fat.
- Cycling – If you don’t want to perform different exercises, try the basic ones. Cycling often can help you lose thigh fat and belly fat.
- Swimming – Swimming is a whole-body exercise and helps you burn calories. This reduces fat in almost every part of your body.
Food habits and diet directly impact your overall body weight, and thus we must lead a healthy lifestyle. Being overweight invited different diseases like cholesterol, cardiac disease, fatty liver, and more. Thus keeping your diet healthy and exercising is vital to keep your body fit and healthy.
- Benefits of Exercise: How Exercise Makes You Smarter and Intelligent?
- 5 Easy Facial Yoga Exercises to Reduce Face Fat and Double Chin
Aditi Upadhyay is the Founder of Merakee, a complete marketing company in Indore. Having 5+years of Industry experience and handling various digital marketing projects nationally and internationally.