Is dandruff not allowing you to wear black dresses? Then don’t worry you are not alone we are sailing on the same boat. These tiny little flakes of skin that fall off from the scalp make us lose our confidence, and we become uncomfortable in the public. Many of us have experienced this dandruff once in life. If you haven’t, indeed you are lucky one.
Dandruff is a common scalp problem which we can deal with best home remedies for dandruff but if you are facing a severe dandruff, then better to consult a doctor and take proper medical treatment.
Dandruff makes the scalp itchy and whenever you scratch, and rub your head it results into snowflakes falling out of hair, and it is actually very disgusting.
The question is – What are the root causes of dandruff? Does that mean we are unhygienic?
“NO”, not in everyone’s case there are many other reasons for this problem . Let’s check out what’s your reason behind seborrhoea (dandruff)
- Dry scalp
- Fungal infection
- Not using appropriate hair care products
- Hormonal issues
- Not shampooing enough
- Excessive heat or cold
- Using dryers and straightener frequently
Let’s take a look at some symptoms of dandruff that you may not be aware of.
- Excessive hair loss
- Pimples on forehead
- Itchy scalp
- Redness on scalp
- Cradle cap
- Rashes on eyebrow and chest
Thick, healthy hair helps us to look and feel beautiful and it’s good to be obsessed with your hair. But dandruff stops us from flaunting our hair and then we start browsing how to get rid of dandruff naturally. So, now it’s the time to say goodbye to these tiny white flakes with no side effects.
SOME AMAZING HOME REMEDIES FOR DANDRUFF
Lemon and Coconut Oil :
Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and coconut oil is filled with Laurie acid. This can be one of the very good home remedies for dandruff. A mask prepared with these two ingredients helps to open the pores and result in a healthy and dandruff free scalp.
- Add 2-3 drops of lemon juice in oil.
- Massage it on your scalp for 5 minutes.
- Wash your hair after leaving the mask for 20-30 minutes.
Aloe Vera :
As we all know that aloe Vera works magically on skin but, do you know that anti-fungal properties of aloe Vera can fight against dandruff too it’s one of the most cost effective home remedies for dandruff
- Take some fresh Aloe Vera gel and apply on your scalp, and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- With a mild shampoo wash your hair.
Neem Leaves :
Neem leaves give relief from itchy scalp along with dandruff, and prevent graying of hair and hair loss. So many benefits in one leave. It’s one of the best home remedies for dandruff.
- Take a few neem leaves in a container filled with water, boil it.
- Strain the water, and make the paste of leaves using a grinder.
- Add some honey to the paste.
- Apply the mask for 30 minutes and rinse it off with the neem water.
Olive Oil :
Olive oil is the best natural hair conditioner, it will give a smooth, shiny, and silky look to your hair. That’s not all olive oil is effective for dandruff too. Just add this amazing oil in your hair care routine and get rid of dandruff naturally.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice in olive oil.
- Apply it on your scalp and leave for 1 hour.
- Wash your hair with sulphate free shampoo.
Onion Juice :
Onion helps in killing the bacteria promoting dandruff and treating fungal infections. As onion is rich in sulphur content it speeds up hair growth.
- Slice an onion and blend it.
- Make a smooth paste of onion.
- Add water if needed.
- Strain the mixture.
- Apply the juice in your scalp.
- Wash it after 1 hour.
Castor Oil :
As we all know that castor oil is very thick and hydrating oil works great on dry scalp. Major proportion of castor oil is of ricinoleic acid which excellently fights with fungal infections. It’s a good home remedy for dandruff and itchy scalp.
- Take one and a half tablespoon of castor oil.
- Take three tablespoons of aloe Vera gel.
- Mix the two and massage on your scalp.
- After leaving it for 45 minutes wash it off with a mild shampoo.
The white creamy ingredient that you will find in your refrigerator also gives a quick relief from dandruff and moisture in your hair as well. Make sure you use unflavoured yogurt.
- Take unflavoured yogurt.
- Massage it on your scalp and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair and no need to apply conditioner after hair wash.
Fenugreek Seeds :
A common kitchen ingredient filled with proteins, vitamins, and minerals. All together help to get rid of dandruff. With that it also strengthens the hair roots which decreases hair fall.
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of seeds and soak it overnight.
- Make a fine paste of soaked seeds using a grinder.
- Apply it on your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo.
Note: you have to figure it out what suits you. And for better and fast results use the masks for at least twice in a week.
Take away thought:
Now I think your scroll for how to get rid of dandruff naturally must be over with this blog. It may be difficult for few of you but trust me it’s not impossible. It’s not magic that will happen in just one night it will take time so be patient and wait for your mask to do it’s work.
Do share your experience with us.