Do you ever feel fully confused with the unending options when choosing a good moisturizer? If yes, then you’ve arrived at the correct destination. Skin is the largest organ; hence, you must follow a quality skincare routine to maintain youthfulness and health. If you want to prevent wrinkles, acne or dullness, the only way one can do this is by applying a quality facial moisturizer.
However, most of you think that all moisturizers work the same way, which is, in fact, a myth. Irrespective of the skin type, oily, combination, dry or normal, your skin requires enough hydration. Even oily skin needs hydration. So without appropriate care that comprises skin moisturization and hydration, the face might get dull, become prey to chemicals and pollution and even lose the radiance it gets exposed to regularly. Here’s a list of the best facial moisturizers according to every skin kind.
List of Top 8 Best Face Moisturizer:
Following is the list of some best moisturizers you should buy:
1. Mamaearth Face Moisturizer
When discussing skincare products, one cannot miss the Mamaearth face moisturizer. Mamaearth’s oil-free face moisturizer is suitable for all skin kinds. Furthermore, your skin won’t face any side effects because of its exceptional formula. This product contains vitamin C, vitamin E and Gotu Kola.
Vitamin C aids in restoring natural complexion and glow plus even brightens your skin, and it does this by eliminating minute pigmentations and dark sports. Additionally, Gotu Kola, i.e., Centella Asiatica, holds anti-aging attributes which block wrinkles and fine lines, maintain your skin firm, and averts sagging. Lastly, Vitamin E retains your skin hydrated throughout the day and moisturizes it efficiently. In addition, this product holds a non-sticky formula that can glide effortlessly over the skin with leaving zero residues behind.
Mamaearth Moisturizer even holds the moisture and prevent dryness from coming up for the entire day. This facial lotion is dermatologically tested and contains no toxic components such as petroleum, sulphates, parabens, SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), etc. It is free of colors and synthetic fragrances, turning it ideal for every skin type. Moreover, its tube pump package makes drawing out the moisture hassle-freely that’s even simpler.
- Rich in Vitamin C and E, Gotu Kola
- No dryness up till 24 hours
- Fit for every skin kind
- Anti-aging attributes
- Maintains your skin firm and hydrated
- No SPF
- Requires daily application and enough time to bring results
2. Biotique Ayurvedic Recipe Morning Nectar Skin lotion
Biotique Ayurvedic Recipe Morning Nectar Skin lotion is for individuals dreaming of minimizing dark spots and accomplishing the moisturizer requirements. This lotion is made up of seaweed, wheat germ and pure honey, turning it a 100% organic choice. Because of the ayurvedic recipe, this is considered the best face lotion with no side effects.
Its botanical solution ensures you ultimate skin hydration without any skin inflammation. Furthermore, you’ll feel a soothing effect on applying the Biotique Moisturizer over your face. After regular lotion application, it even guarantees a positive difference in the skin texture and tone. Because it acts as an envelope to the dark spots, you’ll even receive a natural lustre along with a uniform skin tone.
The morning nectar lotion has a non-greasy and lightweight formulation, so you may use it daily without feeling any heaviness across the face. You may use this lotion twice daily for a noticeable outcome as it replaces the natural oils off your face without even turning it dry. It arrives in robust packaging, which isn’t that compact, yet you may take it for trips.
- It offers a uniform skin complexion
- Envelopes dark spots
- Non-greasy formula
- 100% Ayurveda composition
- Contains botanical extracts
- Ideal for combination skin
- It contains seaweed, wheat germ and pure honey
- Removes natural oil that can be harmful
3. Neutrogena Ultra-gentle Face Moisturizer
Not every moisturizer shall present you with the SPF shield. If you’re searching for something acting as a UV shield, it is advisable to go for Neutrogena Ultra-gentle Face Moisturizer. It offers SPF15 for protecting your skin from the dangerous sun rays, aids in altering sun damage, thereby preventing similar future consequences.
Furthermore, this moisturizer presents UVB and UVA protection such that the face stays covered from all sun damage types. Neutrogena gentle face moisturizer is the best moisturizer for combination skin with a non-greasy and lightweight composition that instantly combines with the skin and keeps it moisturized and hydrated for twelve hours.
Because it is oil-free and non-comedogenic, even individuals with oily skin may apply it. Furthermore, its non-comedogenic quality indicates that it doesn’t obstruct pores. Thus, your face will stand acne-free. Additionally, dermatologists have examined it for allergies, and it is free from harmful dyes and alcohol, turning it a safe choice.
- Suitable for oily to normal skin
- Dermatologically tested for allergies
- It contains no dyes and alcohol
- 12-hour hydration
- Skin hydration doesn’t last much long
4. Cetaphil Intense Moisturizing cream
Cetaphil Intense Moisturizing cream arrives from a reputable and well-known American brand and is renowned for its fantastic skincare range for preventing pimples and acne. This Moisturizer offers some similar benefits, it is hydrating and light made up of Vitamin E and sweet almond oil. The almond oil aids in enhancing complexion and skin tone.
Cetaphil Intense Face cream for women treats dry skin type without provoking pimples and acne. On the other hand, Vitamin E locks in skin hydration and moisturizes it making your face soft and supple. The cream holds a unique formulation plus the HELO system (Humectant, Emollient, Lipid and Occlusive). As a result, your skin stays protected and hydrated from different external factors.
Cetaphil offers a soothing and durable texture that helps you get ready in no time for your day. Moreover, it doesn’t have any fragrance and combines effortlessly with the skin. This is because it is created utilizing synthetic fragrances. If you wish to spend money on something organic, then Cetaphil is a perfect choice and the most trending one among buyers.
- Suitable for combination skin type
- Quick absorption
- Rich in Vitamin E and sweet almond oil
- Long-term hydration
- Enhances skin complexion
- Not that suitable for oily skin
5. RE’ EQUIL Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramide Moisturizer
RE’ EQUIL Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramide Moisturizer hold much demand in the market, and this is pretty justifiable as it brings fantastic results to its users. This Moisturizer is specially brought forward for preventing flaky and itchy skin, mainly during the winters. The Moisturizer holds the nourishment from hyaluronic acid, Ceramide III and Mango seed butter. Now, let’s discover the unique advantages of these components.
Hyaluronic acid aids in maintaining skin hydration, thereby enhancing the overall appearance and texture of your skin. Secondly, mango seed butter works like an organic moisturizer that locks in skin moisture and hydrates it, presenting a natural lustre. Lastly, Ceramide III promotes skin moisturization, prevents all kinds of inflammation and trans-epidermal water depletion, and enhances skin’s clog function.
So, Cetaphil is a must-buy and can be undoubtedly regarded as the best face moisturizer for dry skin. It offers suppleness for around twelve hours by preventing skin’s coarse texture. It even averts all sorts of itchiness and inflammation.
- Ideal for dry to normal skin
- No parabens and SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate)
- Dermatologically tested
- Prevent inflammation
- Promotes natural lustre and hydration
- Lowers dry skin texture
- Absence of natural components
6. WOW Oil-Free Face Moisturizer
Do your previous moisturizers cause itchiness and redness on your skin? In such a case, it is advisable to try out WOW’s Oil-free Face Moisturizer made of beetroot extracts, hyaluronic acid and apple cider vinegar.
Beetroot extracts hold anti-aging attributes that prevent and remove wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes. In addition, it further aids in skin brightening, thereby offering a natural radiance. On the other hand, hyaluronic acid softens and hydrates your skin and does wonders for excessively dry skin. Lastly, apple cider vinegar holds antimicrobial features which efficiently soothe skin inflammation and infections. Furthermore, it balances the skin’s pH for retaining the natural moisture.
This is an amazing and best facial moisturizer that won’t make your skin feel heavy, i.e., has a light texture. Moreover, you may apply it daily with no such side effects as it is free of synthetic colors, silicones, parabens and mineral oil. So to summarise, if you’re searching for a soothing and light cream, then WOW’s oil-free Moisturizer is a must-try.
- Fit for all skin kinds
- It has no harsh chemicals and dyes
- It offers a natural lustre
- Hydrating and Moisturizing
- Maintains skin’s pH
- It contains beetroot extracts, hyaluronic acid and ACV
- Some buyers have faced allergic reactions
7. Plum Mattifying Green Tea Face Moisturizer
Are you dealing with pimples and acne? Then, Plum matte face moisturizer is an ideal pick as it contains natural ingredients and has no harmful chemicals. Hence, it stops the risk of skin allergies and damages plus assures its buyer to offer several skin benefits with zero issues and hassles.
Moreover, it improves the skin’s radiance and even reduces the risk of other skin issues. It contains Glycolic acid, which maintains clear skin, while green tea acts as an antioxidant to fight away acne generation. It is non-comedogenic, silicone-free plus presents a satisfying, clearer and after-feel look.
Plum Mattifying Green Tea Face Moisturizer is the best face moisturizer as it moisturizes and hydrates every skin kind. It even heals every possible skin problem and can maintain your skin smooth, supple and soft. Lastly, its regular usage enhances the skin texture, quality and health.
- It goes with every skin kind
- 100% silicone-free
- Eliminates dead cell
- Promotes faster skin renewal
- Clear and fresh skin
- Matter finish
- Fights acne
- Zero side effects
- Affordable price
- Enriched with pure and all-natural ingredients goodness
- No SPF
- It doesn’t provide 24-hour moisturization
- Not recommended for winter usage
- Non-shiny texture
8. Clinique Auto-replenishing Hydrator Gel-cream
Clinique Auto-replenishing Hydrator Gel cream is for individuals with dry combination to very dry skin. It holds a rich, silky formula because of the blend of silicones and moisturizing agents such as olive oil, squalane and isopropyl isostearate. Moreover, when discussing price, Clinique is among the most reliable face moisturizer for dry skin. It effortlessly blends into the skin, plus its gel formula soothes the skin and is an oil-free formula.
The refreshing Clinique’s gel crème offers a speedy moisture lift to the skin. At the same time, its auto-replenishing feature with an advanced hydrator allows your skin to develop its inner water source for continuous rehydration. It even has Hyaluronic Acid, which holds and absorbs massive water amounts. So when you apply it one your skin, it’ll aid in enhancing hydration, thereby plumping wrinkles and lines.
So, if you’re tired of your lifeless and dull appearing skin, you may consider this formulation to obtain an unending healthy, dewy and plum glow from inside.
- Suitable for oily, acne-prone, sensitive and dry skin kind
- Powerful hydration
- Absorbs quickly
- Light feel
- Contains chemicals
- Very expensive
Factors to consider before purchasing a good moisturizer
Below are some factors one needs to consider ahead of buying a moisturizer:
- Non-greasy and light texture: It is better to buy a moisturizer having a non-greasy, non-oily and light texture. This permits you to put on Moisturizer regularly without acquiring oily skin. However, individuals with dry skin may go for an oily moisturizer. It must combine instantly with your skin such that your skin doesn’t feel heavy. As a result, you may apply it daily during every season.
- Dermatologists tested: It is always advisable to go for the best Moisturizer, which is dermatologically recommended and tested. This assures that it’s safe for every skin kind and of standard quality.
- Natural ingredients: Moisturizers containing chemicals might cause harm and damage to the skin. So, it would help if you get something with natural components such as apple cider vinegar, jojoba oil, Vitamin E, etc. These assure a vital shield to the skin with no such side effects. However, when it arrives at chemicals, you may go for a cream containing hyaluronic acid, which holds moisturizing attributes. It maintains your skin soft and supple and keeps its moisture unharmed.
- Skin type suitability: Before buying a moisturizer, ensure whether it’s right for your skin. If you aren’t certain regarding your skin kind, go for a safe choice, i.e., one fit for every skin kind.
- No toxic constituents: Moisturizers are shouldn’t contain toxic components like parabens, SLS, mineral oil, etc. It is recommended to buy a moisturizer free of colors and synthetic fragrances to avert side effects; otherwise, you might eventually face spots, pimples, inflammation and acne.
- Price: A facial cream cost relies on the brand’s market recognition and the quality of the ingredients. Moreover, it isn’t crucial that the most expensive ones are the best. Even an average-priced lotion might work great over your skin.
- Shelf life: Moisturizers guaranteeing durability are usually filled with harmful preservatives and chemicals. Likewise, natural crème hold a short lifespan because they aren’t made of dangerous preservatives and additives. So pick the right one as per your favor.
Benefits of applying moisturizers
Following are some benefits of applying moisturizers:
- Soothes swollen skin: Moisturizers are lucky for individuals with swollen skin conditions. The oil-rich products aid in soothing irritation, reducing inflammation, and calm redness. Moreover, it aids you to eliminate the dry patches, thereby offering healthy and smooth-appearing skin.
- UV rays protection: Sun protection is mandatory to make your skin appear the best. It is recommended to utilize an additional sunscreen lotion for regular usage along with the extra shield present in the Moisturizer filled with SPF, which shall undoubtedly help. Facial creams with daytime usage formulation may contain anything between SPF 30 and SPF 15, which is sufficient in case you don’t have a plan for spending long hours under the sun.
- Prevents dryness: Hot weather or cold weather, indoor heat or air conditioning; were you aware that these environmental conditions might absorb your skin’s moisture in no time? This is where a good face moisturizer This holds the previously lost water and even aids in preventing future loss.
- Fights acne: This might sound unreasonable for individuals with acne-prone and oily skin, but applying a standard moisturizer may help lower breakouts. Generally, excessive sebum is an outcome of dehydrated skin. A body balances the moisture lack by generating enough oil, which is poor news for the skin pores.
- Slows down wrinkle appearance: Wrinkles and fine lines are unavoidable aging signs; however regular usage of a standard moisturizer may decelerate this process. In addition, dry skin is more prone to get wrinkles over adequately moisturized skin.
- Fades dark spots: Go for a moisturizer containing skin brightening components and Vitamin C for minimizing blemishes and dark spot appearances. It might even lower noticeable sun damage, thereby revealing younger-looking, even-toned and more radiant skin.
- Minimizes common skin issues: Glowing and healthy skin is an outcome of efficient hydration. If your skin is very oily or dry, you have a greater probability of developing skin problems such as breakouts and inflammation. However, using a correct moisturizer suitable for the skin shall enhance overall skin health.
Moisturizers arrive in four distinct textures determined by the water and lipids ratio they hold.
- Cream: Moisturizing creams offer the ultimate skin moisture and are heavier over lotions and gels as they have higher oil over water content. It’s stickier and greasier over lotions and gels.
- Lotion: Moisturizing lotion allows a fast absorption rate and is relatively light on the skin. It holds high water over the oil content and is formulated for more frequent usage to maintain skin hydration levels. Usually, lotions are obtainable as body moisturizers, yet you can also get facial lotion.
- Ointments: Ointments hold the thickest formula of all other textures. They contain the highest lipids concentration turning them the stickiest, and is best suitable for people with dry skin and those suffering from psoriasis, rosacea and eczema. Ointments are ideal for preventing skin’s water loss and even obstructing pores. Thus, it is recommended for individuals with acne-prone skin to stay away from such moisturizers.
- Gel: Gel has a watery and light texture plus even leaves you with the minimum sticky feeling. This mainly contains water along with alcohol and some liquid lipid responsible for dissolving the moisturizer’s active ingredients. The gel formula is ideal for oily skin as they’ve minimum oil content. Also, it has a lesser possibility of clogging pores which ultimately cause breakouts.
- Can I put on Moisturizer without cleansing my face?
It is advisable to apply Moisturizer only over clean skin as putting on moisturizer on a dirt face will increase skin problems. Hence, always clean your face utilizing water and a mild face wash ahead of moisturizer application.
- Why apply first- Moisturizer or sunscreen?
It is recommended to use moisturizer ahead of applying sunscreen. However, you may even buy a moisturizer with an SPF protection formulation.
- How often is it right to moisturize the face?
Regardless of the skin kind, it is advisable to moisturize your skin regularly. Moreover, few moisturizers offer hydration for up to twenty-four hours. This way, you may maintain the moisture and hydration flawlessly by putting on a moisturizer one time every day. Nevertheless, you may apply moisturizer two times per day in the morning and night in dry skin.
- Can a moisturizer slow down the aging process?
Because moisturizers maintain the moisture amount and aid in averting skin sagging, it offers your face a youthful and natural look. Furthermore, it stops early aging signs such as wrinkles, blemishes, and fine lines.
Skin moisturization is among the most crucial step in an ideal skincare schedule. Irrespective of the skin kind you possess, it is essential to include a moisturizer for proper hydration as it’s the way to healthy-looking and glowing skin. However, finding that ideal product that fits your skin kind sometimes turns out quite challenging and brings noticeable results. Also, there are many moisturizers obtainable in the current market, providing the best hydrated and nourished skin. But, this guide can help you come out of this tricky situation. You can pick ‘the one’ according to your skin type from the best eight moisturizers, thereby flaunting moisturized, glowing, and hydrated skin.
Aditi Upadhyay is the Founder of Merakee, a complete marketing company in Indore. Having 5+years of Industry experience and handling various digital marketing projects nationally and internationally.