Nail Polish is a sensation. They arrive in tiny cute bottles, holding the power of turning your day artistic and happy. Who doesn’t love nail polish on pretty nails? Every lady has a fascination with colourful and cute nails. Every girl’s dream is to have gorgeous nails, and also with each passing year, several manicure varieties begin trending like creating various nail polish designs, applying nail polish stickers, etc. However, salons always use the best nail polish brands like Deborah Lippmann, Zoya, Chanel, and many more to satisfy their customers. Yet, even after using the best nail polish brand, you’ll hate when it begins chipping off after two to three days. This can be because of household chores or constant hand washing after washing vessels or cooking. Here’s a complete guide about nail polish which you can go through to gain further knowledge.
Types of Nail Polish
Putting on nail polish is among the simplest methods of enhancing your appearance and is the beauty essential that multiplies as a vogue accessory. Whether it’s a rose gold nail polish, colour-changing, or glow-in-the-dark nail polish, the nail lacquer kind reveals your mood and style. Luckily, nail polishes are abundant in the current market with distinct formulas and finish suiting every need and taste. Yet holding on to the vast terms and rage that arrive together often gets confusing. So to help you out, here you’ll know about the different nail polish types obtainable in this market.
Matte Nail polish
This is the classic one. Matte nail polish doesn’t offer excessive lustre or shine, i.e., it appears plain yet offers a pale glow which is very much pleasing to see. The matte finish benefit is that it shows less gloss. Hence it is perfect for formal events which don’t demand much lustre and shimmer. It is a flawless finish that goes well with every outfit! As it is matte, it doesn’t drop its texture simply, consequently allowing you to flaunt your beautiful colourful nails for the long term. You can go for matte black nail polish from the Revlon nail polish or CND nail polish colour range.
Nevertheless, it also has some cons, which is its complex application. It is advisable to stay steady if you apply it yourself, as shaking hands can cause streakiness on nail designs. It is best to do it from a nail professional to achieve a perfect finish.
Regular nail lacquer
When you visit a counter for nail polish, they usually offer regular nail lacquer, which has a luscious glossy, smooth-finish texture. While you apply a traditional gloss nail lacquer from your summer nail polish colours 2021 collection, remember to begin with the primary coat, followed by two nail polish coats and a topcoat. In case of weak nails, you may use a standard one like the Gucci nail polish, one of the renowned nail polish brands. The combined application of a good quality nail polish and a natural nail polish from Olive and June nail polish prevents breakage and nail chipping. It is better not to apply over two to three coats as many layer numbers can cause your nail colour to chip.
So how to dry nail polish fast? A successful approach is to wait for at least two minutes to better each coat application. Also, you need to be careful as this nail polish takes almost one hour to completely dry. Cool breeze dries up your nail polish faster than the warm air; hence utilise a cold fan while drying.
Glitter finish Nail paints
Do you want to try out something for parties like glitter nail polish? The glitter nail paint texture is everything about shine. You’ll find several glitter nail varieties obtainable in the current market. These glitter nail paints are favourable during events when it seems fine to flaunt some glow and shine. Hence, you can go for silver or gold nail polish which brings in the ultimate shine. You may even mix up different nail polish colours for forming a glitter Rainbow. For glitter nail polish, you can buy the Holo Taco nail polish, the very famous Morgan Taylor nail polish, and glittering pink nail polish from Essie nail polish. If you prefer big designs, you may even select sequins for adding to your nails.
Gel nail polish
The most demanded one in this list is gel nail polish. It is a hard gel that a nail expert shall apply over your bare nail. Experts use gelish nail polish and UV light to cure it, usually called UV gel nail polish. The best gel nail polish brands include Dior nail polish, DND gel nail polish, Essie gel nail polish, etc. In addition, the red nail polish shade has much demand from the OPI gel nail polish range. This nail polish formula lasts for at least two weeks and can be utilised for nail shape extension, offering additional lengths like acrylics.
Breathable nail polish
If you think which nail lacquer kind is ideal for your nails, without any doubt, you can go for the breathable nail polish. These nail paints permit water and oxygen to pass via your polis, reaching the nails and removing barriers. Some famous breathable nail lacquer brands include Halal nail polish, Orly breathable nail polish, etc. In addition, you can try out the black nail polish and the brown nail polish from the vibrant Orly nail polish colours assortment. These water-permeable nail lacquers offer your nails an opportunity to breathe well, which is crucial when there’s no time to visit a salon for a perfect manicure. In addition, a branded breathable nail pain has similar wearability as the primary choice, which lasts for around a week.
This powder nail polish lasts for a long term for about three weeks or even a month. Before using dip nail polish, the professional shall put on a primary coat, followed by a pigmented powder layer. This procedure is done on repetition where the excess powder is removed every time, finally leaving you with a filmy mani. So for its competition, a sealant and a transparent powder layer are finally applied. You can buy nail polish kits for getting a durable, salon-like manicure at home.
Shellac nail polish
Shellac nail polish is a hybrid of basic and gel formulas. You may apply Sally Hansen nail polish over your bare nails, then cure using UV light. Unfortunately, one cannot use this nail paint variety for nail length extension. However, shellac nail lacquers can last as long as two weeks. There is even shellac stick-on nail polish obtainable in the market.
PolyGel Nail paints
PolyGel is a mixture of gel and acrylic nail polish used by nail technicians to present you with an intact manicure. This has a gel-type consistency which you may apply over your bare nails utilising acrylic brushes. Finally, you may shape it as your choice and cure it with UV or LED lights. How long does nail polish last? The PolyGel nail lacquers are among the most durable polish alternatives, staying for about 21 days and quality maintenance.
Acrylic nail polish
Acrylic nails are another most common nail polish formed using powder and liquid combination. This hybrid mixture is put on your bare nails, and after it dries up, the acrylic polish gets hard, which you may fil according to your desired shape. You may even use this for your natural nail extensions, and this nail polish type lasts up to 14 days. Nail technicians use LA Colors nail polish, Bubble Bath nail polish, China Glaze nail polish, etc., for designing pretty acrylic nails.
How to perfectly apply nail polish
When it arrives at colouring your nails, you need to master a lot of this over excellent polishing utilising your non-dominant hand. From the stubborn gel nail polish colours to handling smudges that don’t come out quickly, even When you’re all set to clean it off, you can utilise all the aid you may acquire. Here are some tricks to simplify your nail painting procedure; continue reading further if you wish to know the cool tricks.
- Edge your nails using petroleum jelly ahead of colouring them for straightforward clean-up. You’ll develop a boundary between your skin and the nail sticker polish or a usual polish. Hence any fault you create will clean right away.
- For your base coating, apply white nail polish such that your nail paint pops. If the lacquer you’re using is opaque or clear nail polish, the natural nail tint shall alter the colour. For having the nail lacquer come up genuine to its colour, put on the while lacquer in advance to eliminate the natural shade, thereby enhancing the colour.
- You’ll have to hurry up with the drying time, and for this, you’ve to dip your nails into ice water after nail polish application. This cold water shall set the polish, thereby aiding your nails quicker drying.
- You may use your tongue tip for fixing the smudged nail paint. It sounds crazy, but it works wonders! If you smudge half-dry nails, you can readjust the colour using your tongue tip, as unalike the fingers; it is much soft for fixing the colour with zero imprints behind.
- How to remove nail polish?
- First, get rid of your stubborn nail paints by wrapping foils around your nails. Then, if it doesn’t come off, dip a cotton swab into the mineral fusion nail polish remover and apply it over your nail, thereby wrapping a foil piece around the fingers holding that cotton swab in position against the fingernails. Now leave those foil wraps there for some minutes, and remove the foil, cotton. Finally, to your surprise, you’ll find the nail paint has come out along with it.
- Paint craft white glue below the metallic nail polish for more uncomplicated removal. The Cat Eye nail polish is quite challenging to remove. So to avoid such headaches, apply the glue beforehand, followed by the application of glitter polish. Thus, when the time arrives for saying goodbye to those shimmers, you won’t have to use an acetone nail polish remover. Instead, you can easily peel off the glue, Carrying the metallic polish alongside.
- It is advisable to roll the nail lacquer bottle to prevent air bubbles. Usually, people shake the nail polish bottles before application for mixing up the paint, yet doing this might form bubbles. So for a bubble-free mix-up, you can hold the polish bottle between the palms. Thereby work in your hands to and fro instead. Also, you can use nail polish thinner when you haven’t used any polish for a long time.
- Can’t open your favourite neon nail polish bottle? You can loosen up its stubborn lid by dipping the bottle in hot water. Take a full glass of steaming hot water and immerse the cover. However, it would help if you were careful that you don’t end up dipping the paint bottle, resulting in messed-up polish consistency. Hold on to that position for a few minutes, then take it out, and you’ll quickly pull open its lid.
- Rub in petroleum jelly on the bottle top before closing it to prevent the nail paint from drying stuck. So to prevent the lid from getting stuck in the future, you may apply petroleum jelly on the nail lacquer bottle top before closing it.
Avoid these general nail polishing mistakes.
Is there a woman who doesn’t get thrilled by different nail polish ideas and a manicure? From selecting an attractive colour from the latest nail polish colours 2021 list to looking at the freshly polished nails, there’s a desirable thing regarding the whole procedure.
However, do you get heartbroken after noticing that nail lacquers don’t appear that great or begin chipping before you even expect?
Here’s a list of a few general nail enamel mistakes, also how to prevent them:
Hot water bath immediately after application
What’s the relationship between nail polish and taking a shower? It turns out that there lies a direct connection between nail polish and a hot shower. The heat and steam from water can thicken the nail paint, ultimately leading to smudging and bubbles. So how long does nail polish take to dry? You must wait for one hour between nail enamel application and your shower to ensure that your nail pain appears perfect.
Single stroke polish application
One such bug mistake of applying nail enamel is a single stroke application. This may lead to lumpy application, thereby leaving behind vacant spaces, mainly towards the sides. So to avoid this problem, it is advisable to carry out a three-stroke application for a more consistent application.
Crawling into bed immediately after application
Most women tend to apply nail lacquer before moving to bed or at their day’s end. This is how their nail paint develops some random texture or smudges the following morning. So, how long does it take for nail polish to dry? Even if the nail polish can dry within thirty minutes or one hour, it requires an entire day for its complete settlement upon your nails. So, an easy hack for avoiding this problem is by painting the nails either four to five hours before going to bed or in the morning.
Use of Expired products
Do you find your nail polis turning gloopy, which you’ve been using since high school? Over time, the nail polish solvents evaporate, converting the lacquer into stringy chaos. Has your favourite yellow nail polish from your nail polish organiser dried up? This is the time to get rid of your old nail polish and replace it with a brand new one. First, you need to ensure whether your nail polish stays in good condition, so after a specific time, get rid of them and replace them every one to two years.
Unhygienic and unclean nails
There’s a reason behind the recommendation of nail artists to clean the nails using acetone nail polish remover ahead of painting them, even though there’s no colour upon the nails. This is because your nails might possess oil and dirt, hampering your polish’s lasting power. Hence, it is advisable to clean the nails thoroughly before beginning with a base coating.
Nail Polish Removal Hacks without using a remover.
A standard polished nail is the spirit of each fashionable appearance. From the light summer pastel shades to the dramatic and deep winter hues, a featured brand like DND nail polish, OPI nail polish, and so much more present a wide colour assortment that complements all the seasons and the beauty artist’s personality.
Do you want to know how to remove nail polish without nail polish remover? Most people are curious about this question as they prefer not to use a chemical and harmful nail polish remover. You can try out these below hacks to remove gel nail polish and other kinds as well:
- Deodorant: You can use deodorant as gel nail polish remover or other kinds of nail polishes. You’ve to spray the deodorant all over your nails, thereby rubbing it thoroughly using cotton pads. This can take several tries, enough time over the regular removers.
- Hairspray: Sprays containing rubbing alcohol works as a fantastic nail polish remover substitute. You may utilise hairsprays for getting rid of the lacquer by spraying over the nails. Moreover, you’ll have to wipe out the cotton swab that might stick over your nails for this hack.
- Perfume: How do you remove gel nail polish? Same as deodorant, fragrances can even arrive at your rescue! Spray some of the perfume on clean tissue paper, thereby rubbing it across the nails. Most women love this hack as it functions surprisingly.
- Topcoat: You won’t have to worry when you’ve applied a nail paint topcoat. So, how to remove gel nail polish or other polish finishes? First, you have to put on a top coat over the nail polish, quickly rubbing it away using a cotton pad. It is recommended to keep this top coat wet as it aids in peeling off the nail polish.
- Hand sanitiser: Drop a time amount of sanitiser on a cotton pad, thereby wiping on your nails. Repeat this process until you achieve the results.
- Toothpaste: how to get nail polish off without nail polish remover? All you require doing for this trick is wipe a small toothpaste amount throughout the nails using a toothbrush. Toothpaste consists of ethyl acetate, a constituent present in nail polish remover.
Want to know how to get nail polish out of clothes? How to get nail polish out of the carpet? This is easy as well. However, it is best to get rid of it as soon as possible; otherwise, you might have permanent stains. You can use the following components for removing nail polish stains from any fabric:
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- Dish soap
- Microfiber cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- Nail polish remover: Non-acetone
Nail Care at home
Following are the nail care at home tips:
Shape your nails daily
This is a crucial step for preventing nail breakage, i.e., it is advisable to file these enough to obtain any minor chips towards the nail ends munched. You can do this on alternative days to prevent more considerable nail breakage in the future.
One of the most straightforward methods for maintaining healthy nails is applying cuticle oil every night ahead of bed. Moisturized cuticles are the route to obtain healthy-appearing nails; hence it is crucial following this step. Moreover, it is vital to put on lotion all over your hand at night and morning or in an AC room for long hours.
Spend some time at the salon
Finally, you can pamper yourself by visiting an expert manicure once every month. This maintains fresh appearing cuticles, offers deep hydration to your skin, and maintains clean nails.
Paint the nail tips
When applying the renowned Queen Elizabeth nail polish, ensure painting the tips until the end. This aids in covering up the tips perfectly in a nail paint coat such that they can’t exceed the nail polish all very easily.
Put on rubber gloves.
If you’ve to carry out house chores regularly, ensure wearing rubber gloves for protecting your nails because the continuous slow water and soap usage can ultimately take off your nail paints.
Always put on a topcoat.
Always apply top coat ahead of painting your nails with a holographic nail polish or a magnetic nail polish. This must be done even though you’re using brands like Ella Mila nail polish, Butter London nail polish, ILNP nail polish, etc., receiving glossy sheen and long-lasting nail polish. You can always spend money on clear shades for the topcoat, which one can further include in all nail polish types and tints of OPI nail polish colours, Essie nail polish colours, and others.
Apply a base coat
Applying a base coat is as crucial as the topcoat application. Using a base coat ahead of actually proceeding with nail paints aids the nail paint to stay on your nail such that it remains nicely coloured and appears pretty for the long-term without any chipping.
Nail polish has not been around for a long time. And in reality, in most ancient civilisations like those of Egypt and China, Queens, emperors, and all other royalty members used dyes and paints for nail decoration. Various patterns, textures like iridescent nail polish, and colours range from sage green nail polish, purple nail polish to nude nail polish, and it often turns out tough to choose an ideal one. However, if you’re among the group who prefer doing their nails sitting at home over visiting a polish nail bar, you’ll have to buy a brand like Dazzle Dry nail polish, a vegan nail polish to include in your nail polish rack. Colour is the main criterion while purchasing nail polish, i.e., you’ve to choose wisely a nail polish that suits dark skin or according to your skin tone. Hence, the nail lacquer colour you’ll purchase needs to fit the occasion you’ll attend and has to adapt with the season.
Aditi Upadhyay is the Founder of Merakee, a complete marketing company in Indore. Having 5+years of Industry experience and handling various digital marketing projects nationally and internationally.